2020 Election Information
*Reminder elections are now open. VNA members please check your email for the voting ballot.
The following leadership positions are open for the 2020 Election (2-year terms):
- Commissioner on Nursing Education ±
- Commissioner on Workforce Issues
- Commissioner on Nursing Practice * ±
- Director-at-Large, Staff Nurse ±
- Committee on Nominations - 3 open seats
* The Commissioner on Nursing Practice is also an ex-officio member of the Virginia Nurses Foundation Board of Trustees.
± Current board member is eligible for reelection. Click here for a list of VNA Board Members.
Review the Position Descriptions and Nominations Policies and Procedures Manual. Voting will be open June 29 - August 24. The ballot will be sent out by email. In the meantime, please review the slate of candidates and profiles on each of our candidates. Please contact us at email@example.com to request a paper ballot.
2020 Election Timeline
- Call for Nominations - April 1 - May 27
- Nominating Committee prepares slate of candidates - June 5
- VNA Board of Directors votes to approve slate of candidates - June 9
- Slate of Candidates published and distributed - June 15
- Online voting begins (online and paper) - June 29
- Deadline for ballot requests - August 14
- Voting ends - 11:45 pm on August 24
- Election results shared at VNA Membership Assembly - September