Virginia Nurses Foundation - A Legacy of Caring for Nurses
The Virginia Nurses Foundation, founded in the mid 1900s, has a proud history of dedication to the advancement of nurses and the nursing profession. As the charitable and philanthropic arm of the Virginia Nurses Association, VNF’s mission is:
To support the advancement of nursing
through recognition, research, and innovation.
Our recent successes include:
- Graduating two cohorts of the SYNC interprofessional leadership program, which we operate in partnership with the Virginia Hospital & Healthcare Association, the Medical Society of Virginia, and the Virginia Department of Health, with the support of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.
- Publishing an updated edition of our Workplace Advocacy Guide
- Having our proposed Nurses Change Lives license plate approved by the Virginia legislature. VNF will use future years’ revenue from this program to support nursing scholarships, research grants and educational programming.
- Presenting a diabetes management program to multiple community groups
- Recognizing nearly 80 nurses through our 2016 Leadership Excellence Awards, including almost 30 frontline nurses
- Educating guidance counselors from throughout Virginia about nursing as a viable career path for their high-achiever students
- Generating approximately $45,000 in net revenue from our Annual Gala
- Supporting 10 nurses to attend the 2016 VNA fall Conference in Richmond, VA
- Supporting VNA’s 2016 Fall Conference, “Creating a Culture of Community Well-being”
In the year ahead, we will be:
- Working closely with the Virginia Department of Health on implementation of the Virginia Well-being Plan
- Continuing to grow our scholarships program with a focus on diversity as well as on support of nurses seeking to attend leadership-focused conferences
- Partnering with the American Nurses Association and the Virginia Nurses Association on a fall 2017 staffing conference
- Continuing our recognition of emerging nurse leaders
- Holding a Guidance Counselors Summit geared toward those counselors in economically challenged area(s) of the commonwealth
With your continued support and tax-deductible donations, we will continue to expand our programming.
Funding to support the Foundation and its activities comes from individual contributions, business donations, bequests, recognitions, and memorials. Please support the important work of the Virginia Nurses Foundation! VNF is incorporated as a 501c3 non-profit organization. Your contribution is tax deductible. There are two ways to contribute: