Improving Mental Healthcare Delivery Across Settings
Call for Podium & Poster Abstracts
The 2019 VNA and VNF fall conference, Mind Matters, will be held September 20-21, 2019 at the Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa, Short Pump (20 minutes west of downtown Richmond). The conference will explore mental health issues that span every healthcare practice environment. We will examine the systems needing reform to better serve the mental health of our patients and delve into issues like stigma, access, and interdisciplinary care. We understand that every healthcare provider must be prepared to care for the mental health of their patients and clients and we are building a conference that will support you in doing so. VNA and VNF invite not only nurses to attend this program but also our behavioral health colleagues.
We invite you to submit abstracts for consideration for the conference concurrent sessions and poster presentations. Our desired learning outcome is for conference participants to leave with knowledge that will help them improve and reform the delivery of mental healthcare across settings. If you have a best practice to share related to the delivery of mental healthcare, we encourage you to submit an abstract to serve as either a podium or poster presenter!
Dates for Submission
Submissions are being accepted now. The deadline to submit abstracts for both podium and poster presentations will be March 15, 2019. You may submit your abstract electronically here: https://form.jotform.com/90165202130945
If you have difficulty accessing the form at your workplace, please try your mobile device or home computer.
The abstract review committee will review all submissions and notify selected podium and poster presenters by April 30, 2019.
Submissions will be evaluated based on:
- Presentation: grammar, spelling, clarity
- Content: substantive, current, of interest to potential attendees
- Relevance: provides knowledge on best practices or new approaches to transform the delivery of mental healthcare
- Outcomes: demonstrates potential or actual outcomes and transferability to other practice environments and organizations
Who May Submit
Anyone who has a best practice related to the delivery of mental healthcare may submit an abstract to be considered to serve as a podium or poster presenter.
Individuals who have an employee relationship with a commercial interest organization or who will use their presentation to sell a product or service are not eligible to serve as presenters. Providers of direct clinical care, such as but not limited to hospitals and healthcare agencies, are not commercial interests.
Podium Presenter Requirements
- Selected presenters will be provided a template to follow for presenting at the conference. Presenters should be prepared to speak for 60 minutes, including 10 minutes of questions. All final presentations will be due by August 15, 2019.
- Podium presenters will be required to submit all necessary forms by the deadlines provided in the acceptance letter. Acceptance as a presenter will be contingent upon a conflict of interest assessment. VNA reserves the right to rescind the acceptance of an abstract due to any conflict of interest discovered after acceptance.
- Presenters are responsible for all costs associated with registering for the conference and all travel and accommodations. Conference agenda and registration is at www.virginianurses.com
Poster Presenter Requirements
- Presentation guidelines for poster presentations will be provided to authors of accepted abstracts at the time of acceptance. Posters are limited to a maximum size of 4x4 feet.
- Poster presenters will submit the final electronic version of the poster in PDF format by July 31, 2019. Any posters received after this deadline will not be considered for poster awards.
- Poster presenters will be required to submit all necessary forms by the deadlines provided in the acceptance letter. Acceptance as a presenter will be contingent upon a conflict of interest assessment. VNA reserves the right to rescind the acceptance of an abstract due to any conflict of interest discovered after acceptance.
- Poster presenters will be responsible for setup and breakdown of their poster at the identified times and for being present with their poster during the grand opening of the poster hall on September 20, 2018.
- Poster presenters are responsible for all costs associated with registering for the conference and all travel and accommodations. Conference agenda and registration is available at www.virginianurses.com
Applicants must submit their abstract electronically here: https://form.jotform.com/90165202130945.
The submission must describe a best practice or program that focuses on improving the delivery of mental healthcare. Please provide the title and a 2-4 sentence description of the presentation. The abstract should be a maximum of 250 words and should discuss:
- Description of the best practice or new approach to transform the delivery of mental healthcare
- Implementation strategies
- Potential or actual outcomes
- Implications for practice and transferability
Please do not reference the organization/author(s) within the title, program description, or abstract.
Please feel free to share this call for podium and poster abstracts with any individual or organization that has a best practice to share related to the delivery of mental healthcare!