Nancy Vance Award Call for Nominations
We are now accepting nominations for the Nancy Vance award!
This award is the Virginia Nurses Foundation's highest honor and is awarded annually at the Virginia Nurses Foundation Gala. It continues the legacy of Nancy Vance's excellence in service and is bestowed upon a VNA member who has made significant contributions to our community through their exceptional leadership, sustained dedication and inspiring achievements. Read more about Nancy Vance's exceptional life and career.
Previous Nancy Vance award recipients
- Nominations of nurses who exemplify the characteristics of Nancy Vance can come from any field of nursing and must be submitted no later than June 30 at 11:59 pm (this deadline has been extended from June 10).
- The selection committee will conclude its work and notify the winner by August 31.
- The Nancy Vance Award recipient will receive the award at the VNF Gala on the evening of September 24 at the Hilton Short Pump in Glen Allen, Virginia.
- Be actively engaged in professional nursing for at least the 5 years immediately preceding the award year.
- Be a member of VNA for at least the 5 years immediately preceding the award year.
- Exemplify Miss Vance's characteristics: character above reproach, unusual qualities of selflessness in service, courage in advocating for quality nursing and health care, an exceptional ability to work with others and achievements that demonstrate outstanding results in practice.
New this year!
All submissions must be completed via our online submission portal. If you require assistance, please contact Kristin Jimison
Please contact Kristin Jimison