We're honoring 40 rising nursing leaders this year at our annual Gala! Don't miss this opportunity to nominate a nurse from your organization or facility for VNF's 40 Under 40 awards - nominations are due by June 30, 2018!
- be no older than 39 by December 31, 2018.
- hold a current valid nursing license.
- Currently reside and practice in the state of Virginia.
- not be a previous 40 Under 40 award recipient. Previous nominees who did not receive the award are eligible.
Nominees should be willing to participate in a leadership development program which will include board leadership development training, mentorship and networking, as well as opportunities for engagement in the work of the Virginia Action Coalition. Nominees do not have to be members of the Virginia Nurses Association.
Nominees should have demonstrable achievements in the following areas:
- Professional Practice
- Significantly or uniquely contributes to leadership within the nursing profession through clinical practice, education/teaching, administrative leadership, research, writing, publishing, policy involvement, and/or healthcare innovation.
- Demonstrates leadership in the practice setting, community affairs, and/or nursing professional organizations, and in growth and development of others in these areas.
- Positively promotes and advances the nursing profession beyond the practice setting, including but not limited to: presenting a positive image of nursing to their community (local/global), volunteerism/outreach efforts, and/or legislative work/policy development.
Nominations must be submitted online no later than 5 pm on June 30, 2018.
Winners and their direct supervisors will be notified no later than by July 31, 2018.
Awards will be presented at the Virginia Nurses Foundation Gala on September 22, 2018.