The Virginia Nurses Association’s Continuing Education Approval Committee is a dynamic group of nurse leaders representing different regions from across the Commonwealth of Virginia. Nurses serving on the CE Approval Committee volunteer their time and provide an invaluable resource of their knowledge to evaluate continuing education.
The resources for reviewers are located below:
Review an Individual Activity
Review a Provider Application
Reviewers utilize the ANCC 2015 Primary Accreditation Approver Application Manual, to review all individual activity and approved provider applications. Download this manual by clicking here
. Choose eBook from the menu to download a free copy of the manual.
Reviewers also ensure all applications adhere to the ANCC Content Integrity Standards for Industry Support in Continuing Nursing Educational Activities that can be found here
INTERESTED IN BECOMING A REVIEWER?
Are you interested in being at the forefront of Nursing Education in Virginia? Please complete the form at the bottom of this page and the Director of CE Approval will be in touch with you after your application has been reviewed.
As a member of our CE Review Team, you will:
Team Member Qualifications:
To become a member of our CE Review Team, you will need:
- Play a dynamic role in the accreditation of organizations and nursing education programs
- Enhance your curriculum vitae
- Collaborate with nurses across the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Be a leader who shapes the future of accredited education for nurses
- A valid, unencumbered nursing license
- A baccalaureate or higher in nursing.
- Knowledge of nursing professional development and adult education
- Critical thinking skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team
- Ability to analyze/synthesize information related to meeting the criteria
- Knowledge of the scope and standards of practice for nursing professional development
- Organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Proficient computer skills, including email and Microsoft Office applications
- Active listening skills
If you have any questions regarding this process, please contact Lindsey Cardwell
at 804-282-1808 ext. 4.